Baking with #EqualCanada while on Rollback at Walmart #Cbias
Being a stay at home mom means I have the luxury (ha!) of shopping with my toddler and preschooler any day of the week I choose. But since it’s so much easier to shop sans-kids, the hubster and I made arrangements to drop of our preschooler for a sleepover at my parents’ home before dinner. That allowed us to do some much needed running around with just one kid in tow.
We headed over to Walmart because I was given the opportunity to try the brand new Equal Cook and Bake Sucralose Sweetener – it’s the one in the yellow canister. It’s also on Rollback down to $7.97 from $9.97 *cha-ching!*
Upon roaming around the sugar and sweeteners section in the baking isle for 5 minutes, staring blankly at every kind of sweetener BUT Equal, I felt like a ridiculously naive shopper. Clearly the next step was to enlist my husband’s help in the search. Unfortunately he wasn’t much help either, and the two of us stood in the isle staring at the same products for another few minutes until finally giving up and began searching for a Walmart employee to help us.
We finally hunted someone down, and they said to look in the Pharmacy section. The Pharmacy? Really? How…random. But I guess it makes sense because Diabetics shopping in the Pharmacy would be able to find Equal Sweetener easily…right? Err…I don’t know, either.
I suffer from hypoglycemia and wouldn’t think to go there for a sugar substitute. Again, maybe I’m just a ridiculously naive shopper. Anyways, we did find the Equal Sucralose Sweetener there! Yay, success! :)
We did a lot more shopping before heading home. We picked up organic eggs, organic apples, organic bananas (see a theme?) and organic tortilla chips amongst other things. Check out my Google + story!
When we arrived back home, we ate dinner and put mr. toddler to bed before whipping out the delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe from the #EqualCanada facebook page. Next up was to make and bake these wonderful low-cal gems with the hubster! Yay for teamwork ;)
The cookies are a HUGE hit amongst our family – no one could even tell they had 27% fewer calories than the traditional recipe! Here’s the 411:
- 1/3 cup stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup Equal® Spoonful or Granulated*
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
*May substitute 8 packets Equal sweetener
- Beat butter with electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Mix in Equal® and brown sugar until combined.
- Mix combined flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350° F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden color. Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias All opinions are my own and have not been influenced.
Filed under: Recipes