Lactation Cookies // Recipe for More Milk
Below you will find my all-time favourite recipe for making my own lactation cookies. I hope you pass it on to your breastfeeding (or pregnant friends) as well as use it yourself. It’s a delicious cookie that is sure to increase your breast milk production as well as satisfy your nursing appetite! Have fun baking ~ and snacking, too! :)
Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup butter/margarine/coconut oil
- 1 & 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats, thick cut (not the instant kind!)
- 1 cup (or more!) chocolate chips
- 3-4 tablespoons of brewers yeast
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed and water. Set aside for 3-5 minutes.
3. Cream margarine and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
4. Stir flaxseed mixture. Add it, along with the vanilla, to the margarine mix. Beat until blended.
5. Sift remaining dry ingredients together, excluding the oats and chocolate chips.
6. Add sifted ingredients to the margarine mixture. Add the oats and stir until well combined. Add in the chips.
7. Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheets.
Bake for 10-14 minutes, depending on size of cookies. Makes approximately 6 dozen cookies. DO NOT over-bake! Enjoy 2-4 cookies per day : )
Tip: I like to freeze my cookies and either eat them straight from the freezer or let them thaw on the counter. :)
Have you ever tried increasing your breast milk production?